There are many SEO procedures that are important into consideration before launching a new website. Executing best SEO procedure or practices on your website that can really pay you off in short and long term. For Launching a New Website there are few steps for Launching a New Website and SEO Checklist as following:
1. Keyword to URL map for your Content: There are great ways to do keyword research. For Keyword research you have to create a list that is essentially maps all the keywords you are initially targeting to all the URLs, the pages you have on website.
URL KWS TO TARGET PAGE TITLE META DESC
Roadsanimal.com/ “Amazing Animals” Road’s Amazing Animals -
Roadsanimal.com/lemurs “Lemurs” “Lemur Habits” Lemur Habits, Photos -
It's got the URL, so RandsAnimals.com, targeting the keyword “amazing animals” and here's the page title “Road’s Amazing Animals” and here's the Meta description. Then, I've got RandsAnimals.com/lemurs, which is my page about lemurs, and that's targeting "lemurs" and "lemur habits".
You have to make sure that if you have an important keyword that you have not yet targeted, you have to make sure to target all important keywords as well. This can be also helpful when you do your rank tracking and you’re on-page optimization later on.
2. Accessibility, crawl, and UX: To ensure that your pages, content, and design is accessible by search engine or not you have to check the following thing that are defined as following:
• Are the pages and the content on my website accessible to search engines? There are various great ways to check either you content on web site accessible to search engine or not. You can use something like Screaming Frog or Google Search Console, to examine your site and make sure that crawlers can get to all the pages, that you don't have duplicate content, that you don't have thin content or pages that are perceived to have no content at all, you don't have broken links, you don't have broken pages, all that kind of good stuff.
• Is the content accessible to all audiences, devices, and browsers? You have to make sure whether your content is accessible to all the audiences, users, devices, and browsers. If your content of the page is not reachable to users, devices and browsers so it means like screen readers for blind users, mobile devices, desktop devices, laptops, browsers of all different kinds.
• Do those pages load fast from everywhere? So you can use a tool like Google Speed Test so as to test that your web pages load fast from everywhere. You can also do some proxy investing to ensure that from all sorts of regions, especially if you are doing international targeting or if you know that you are going to be targeting rural regions that your pages load fast from everywhere.
• Is the design, UI, visuals, and experience enjoyable and easy for all users? You can check is the design, UI, visuals of your site is enjoyable and easy for all users by some in house usability test. You can inform friends, family and existing customers.
3. Setup of important services and tracking: So there is a heap of things that you just wish to set up all over a website. Those include:
• Web Analytics: Google Analytics is free and popular tool if you want ot do crawling of pages of the web site. On Page will check to ensure that your analytics are actually weighted on all of your pages.
• Retargeting and remarketing: If you don't want to pay now and you're not going to use any of the services, go ahead and retargeting pixels from at least Face book and Google onto your website, on all of your pages, so that those users are accessible to you later on in the future.
• Set up some brand alerts: The cheapest option is Google Alerts, which is free. There are number of options but are paid and can be bit better rather than free alerts.
• Google Search Console: If you haven't set that up already, you're going to want to do that, as well as Bing Webmaster Tools. Both of those can reveal some errors to you. So if you have accessibility issues, which are a good free way to go.
• Social and web profiles : This is very important to set those up before launching a new site so that no one can goes and jump at your face book page, instagram, and Pinterest page as well.
4. Schema, rich snippets, Open Graph: Rich snippets are basically used to boost up your site that clicks through on your Google listings, counts star ratings. The Open Graph allows any page to become a rich object in a social world. For example, this is used on Face book to allow any web page to have the same performance as other object on Face book. You can add to your HTML to improve the way of your page shows in SERPs.
5. Launch amplification & link outreach plan: You need links in order to rank well and higher than others. If you want to have a successful launch day and launch week and even a launch month so that the rank should be higher and you have to sure about your site that are as following:
• Who will help in amplifying your launch: You have to advertise some big, exciting news to announce.
• What existing relationships, profiles, and sites should I update to create buzz: For your email signature to all your social profiles you've claimed and the ones that you personally have. You should go and update your LinkedIn, Face Book Page, Twitter Page, Dribble profile and more other profiles.
• What press coverage, social coverage? : When you launch your new site, you have to follow checklist that you had created before, you have to crack all these details. Online press coverage can be more helpful in achieving great SEO results.